Learn how to choose the best hospital bed mattress for your needs.
Of primary concern when shopping for a mattress is comfort, but also how to prevent bed sores in those who will be spending a lot of time there, the elderly and disabled bedridden. There are several different types of hospital bed mattresses available to meet your needs, and it can be confusing what kind you need, so let’s see if we can help.
First, answer these 5 questions
Before you can choose the best type of hospital bed mattress for you, you first need answers to these questions:
- How much time per day will the patient be spending in bed?
- Can the patient shift positions independently? (Questions 1 and 2 deal address the probability of developing bed sores.)
- How many months will they need to use a hospital bed?
- How much does the patient weigh?
- How much muscle mass do they have?
When you have those answers, you’re ready to make a selection. We help you do that below and make recommendations for the conditions listed in those bullet points.
Matthew Voralik grew up working in the brick and mortar store after school and during the summers. When most boys his age were playing video games, he was assembling wheelchairs and hospital beds and showing people how to use all the things they sold in his dad’s store. Today he does the same thing for his online customers. This also makes America Discount Home Medical uniquely qualified to select and recommend the best products for our customers.